Monday, August 11, 2008

August 7th Performance at Casa de Cultura in Porto Alegre.

August 7th Performance at Casa de Cultura in Porto Alegre. The best part of moving to new places is that you find new fans and news friends that help created wonderful memories. After living in Brazil for quite awhile and realizing that my Portuguese was not going to be enough to get work, I found a someone with energy, excitement and a great attitude to help me move forward. Suzana organized this gig for me from the beginning to the end.

More people came out for the performance than I ever expected! I wasn't sure how many Brazilians would be interested in Celtic Music. Many of them told me after the concert that this was their first time hearing Celtic music.



I mostly spoke in English throughout the evening and was very impressed that many of the audience members not only understood a lot of what I said, but they also laughed at the right times! I tried to speak in Portuguese from time to time. I'm still trying to decide whether my concentration on trying to put together sentences in Portuguese takes away from the performance.


I'm looking forward to returning to Casa de Cultura again!


AND MANY MANY THANKS TO SUZANA AND FRANCES FOR ALL THEIR HELP!









No comments:

About Me

My photo
Sacramento, California, United States