Monday, May 3, 2010

Back to work after the baby!

Thinking my baby would arrive on or before his due date, I scheduled a gig for May 2nd. This would have given me a month to get used to a routine and recover from any type of delivery. However, Baby Antonio Benjamin came 10 days late and I had significant recovery to deal with from his delivery. I didn't feel ready to expose my baby to the outdoor crowds of a street festival, but he had to be with me to nurse, and I didn't feel ready to stand for long hours at a time in the heat to perform. But, with the help of my husband and his parents we were able to manage. Baby Antonio was wonderful and never even got fussy (even when I changed his diapers ...which is when he always fusses) I was so proud of how he behaved!
So now baby Antonio has been to his first gig of mommy's.

1 comment:

Storbrua said...

And not the last, I guess!
I'm sure he LOVED it! Listening to mum's music while he is in dad's safe arms. What a lucky boy!

About Me

My photo
Sacramento, California, United States