Tuesday, June 11, 2013

On the last sunday in May, I performed at the Lake Harriet Bandshell in Minneapolis. After weeks on end of rain, we had a beautiful day for an outdoor concert! 

Dick Hensold joined me on a couple of songs. Dick and I have been collaborating recently to form a duo of Scots Gaelic song and Pipe music from the western isles of Scotland. We are also including songs in English that were brought over by Scottish immigrants to areas of North America such as Cape Breton and North Carolina. Below is a video of 'The Blackest Crow' from our performance on that Sunday afternoon. 



Both of my children attended the show and they had fun. However, mommy doesn't like watching her kids from the stage and not being able to discipline or protect them! My three year old learned a lesson about how hard it is to get a girl to dance with you - as seen below! 



No comments:

About Me

My photo
Sacramento, California, United States